On November 2, 2007 my General Geology class went on a field trip to Lost Valley State Park which is part Buffalo National River. It was just amazing! Andrew went with me and drove. It took us about 1 1/2 hours to get there. It was a hiking trip that taught us along the way about different landforms and other geology things. The day was beautiful and nice. I was sooo exhausted when the hike was over. We went into caves and up and down the moutain. It made me realize just how out of shape I am. The following pictures are just a few of my favorites.
The drive out there was long and it was kind of raining, so this is a picture of the sun trying to come out.

This old tree is actually hallow. It still has leaves growing, but it's innards are gone.

A second look at the tree.

Just a random picture of the sky through all the leaves on the trail.

My hubby walking with me on the trail.
This is the first cave we went in. We had to climb up there, and it was slippery and wet and dirty, but the accomplishment of it was fantastic for me.

Here is one of the smaller caves some went in. Not I.

Here is another cave, this is more the mouth of it. There were so many people there that day, but I hear that it's normal for this time of year.




1 comments:
That is beautiful ! I love the photo of the sun trying to come through ( the first one )
I'll tell you what ... you wouldn't catch me in any of those caves !! The older I get, the more I do NOT like dark, enclosed, unknown places !!! Gives me the heebeejeebees just thinking about it !!!
Post a Comment