Girls On Track is a new program that Sabryna's school started this year. (I know that website shows it as Girls on the Run, but the schools divided the 5th and 6th graders up and the 5th graders were GOTR and 6th graders were GOT.) Twice a week after school for about 2 hours Sabryna and 11 other girls and two teachers would run. They worked their way up to 3.2 km. Now its fair to say that not all of the girls had ever run before this program. I know Sabryna has not. She is now considering running track in high school because of this program. I love it! So she had 2.5 months to get ready for this 3.2 km race. At the end of that time, all the schools that were participating had a huge 'race'. They all got medals, and they all WON! So the goal was to make it back to the start line in under an hour. I am happy and proud to say Sabryna made it 30.?? minutes. She came in with the first third of the girls. She did awesome!!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment