Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sisters: Cherish, Love, Friendship & Honesty



My Middle Sister
You know the saying...sugar and spice and everything nice..That's what little girls are made of. Well that's not the way this sister o' mine is. She is more like snakes and bugs and puppy dog tails, that's what this middle sister's made of. But goodness does she have a heart of gold. I miss her so very much. She is 13 now, and very much a tomboy. She got gussied up in these pictures for a dance. Looking at her here you would never guess that she's most comfortable in jeans and sneakers and forget the hair and makeup. She was on the schools wrestling team- but injured herself snowboarding! She's an honor roll student and a good girl. She too, like big sister and baby sister, is a daddy's girl.
When we were little there was a sibling rivalry of sorts.Sereena was born two days before I turned 16. So for many many years I had been the only girl- then came HER. LOL As the years went on and we grew up, she did everything a little sister does, including trying to 'steal' my guy Ray. I will never forget how much she adored him. But still we got older, and I grew up and moved out, and left her with a house full of guys. So she is a rough and tough girl now. I admire her. When I think of her growing up I smile, to me she will always be two steps behind me..someday I'll look back and she'll have her own set of steps, and they won't be behind me, but hopefull ahead of me. I expect her to excel far beyond anything I have done or do...simply because she is my sister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this one Mer ! Such beautiful things you have to say about her !! I'm sure this post is really special to her too !! Keep up the good work with your blog ... and with your family ! You are doing a great job !!

Anonymous said...

Damn, I have beautiful girls!!
You're words are perfect, I loved reading everything you wrote about your sister. Very Lovely! :*)

Mer, Reena is looking more and more like you when you were a teenager. I'm wondering how long before daddy decides to pull out that bat to meet the boys at the door hahaha! Oh how I remember how strict he was when you were a young teenager, not only him but your brothers kept their eyes on you too when it came to you & dates. I really don't think we'll have a problem yet, Reena is too much into sports and she's very competitive. Besides we know she can kick butt too when the boys get on her nerves LOL.
She's moving up quick in her Kempo Karate class too. Her sensai says she's very very good and will be getting her new belt at the end of this month during a ceremony. Baseball, not softball (she hates softball) will be starting at the end of the month too and she'll probably be the only girl on the team just like she was for the wrestling team. Oh this is going to make daddy really happy...NOT!
Oh well life goes on, I'm not going to hold our ELLIE-MAE back just because she's a girl, not my style. Of course if any boy touches her in an unappropriate way, they'll have to deal with this Mama Bear.
I wonder if Misty is going to look like you and Reena when she grows up. Can you see trouble with that one? I sure can! LOL Seems like the next girl in line to grow up in our family gets meaner and tougher hahaha! I guess you could say....Mer, you're a sweet cupcake compared to these 2 at home. Haha!

I love and miss you dearly!

Love,
Mom
xoxoxo